The OAVR is an Ottawa-based association open to anyone in the field of volunteer management.
- Individuals whose work (paid or unpaid) includes managing volunteer resources
- Managers of volunteer resources not currently working in the field
- Students in a degree or certificate program in management of volunteer resources
- Educational Opportunities Discount on the annual Professional Administrators of Volunteer Resources – Ontario conference
- Access to the Managers of Volunteer Resources community of practice
- Information on local professional development opportunities
- Networking with peers at 3 meetings per year
- Access to Job Opportunities Information
- Monthly e-Newsletter
Become a Member
Sign up online!
**Online payments now available.**
Volunteer Management Award
The Excellence in Volunteer Management Award recognizes the contribution of those who have excelled in the volunteer management profession, leaving a meaningful and lasting impression on colleagues and volunteers alike. Dedicated and professional, recipients and nominees are leaders in their communities with positive attitudes and results that speak for themselves!
The award is given out each year at OAVR’s Cinq à Sept in support of International Volunteer Managers Day (November 5th).
The winner of the 2019 award was our Treasurer, Atoosa Adnani (second from left), joined by Ulyana Osorio (Co-Chair, far left), Jill Daigle (Programming, middle), Alexandria White (Vice-Chair, second from right) and Denise Hawken (Co-Chair, far right).
OAVR Board Members for 2019-2020
Co-Chair: Denise Hawken
Co-Chair: Ulyana Osorio
Vice-Chair, PAVRO Liaison, Program Support: Alexandria White
Secretary: Jena Davarajah
Treasurer: Atoosa Adnani
Membership and Engagement: Adam James
Newsletter: Carissa Harkins
Web Master: Andrew McEwen
Programming: Jill Daigle