The OAVR is an Ottawa-based association open to anyone in the field of volunteer management.
- Individuals whose work (paid or unpaid) includes managing volunteer resources
- Managers of volunteer resources not currently working in the field
- Students in a degree or certificate program in management of volunteer resources
- Educational Opportunities Discount on the annual Professional Administrators of Volunteer Resources – Ontario conference
- Access to the Managers of Volunteer Resources community of practice
- Information on local professional development opportunities
- Networking with peers at 3 meetings per year
- Access to Job Opportunities Information
- Monthly e-Newsletter
Become a Member
Sign up online!
**Online payments now available.**
Volunteer Management Award
The Excellence in Volunteer Management Award recognizes the contribution of those who have excelled in the volunteer management profession, leaving a meaningful and lasting impression on colleagues and volunteers alike. Dedicated and professional, recipients and nominees are leaders in their communities with positive attitudes and results that speak for themselves!
The award is given out each year at OAVR’s Cinq à Sept in support of International Volunteer Managers Day (November 5th).
In 2020, we expanded the scope of the OAVR awards to recognize some of the amazing work our colleagues were doing in the wake of the pandemic! We awarded 3 individuals and 2 programs for their leadership, and the work they’ve done to continue advancing the volunteer management profession, even during challenging times.
The 2020 winners were:
The individual winners were:
Jo-Anne Turple, Ottawa Food Bank
Anne Brouillard, Ottawa Network for Education (ONFE)
Jill Daigle, Meals on Wheels
The special category winners were:
Volunteer Ottawa, for leadership and direction provided during COVID-19
The Ottawa Hospital, for resiliency, transformation, and development during COVID-19